In a world where marketing is trying to grab every millisecond of your attention, Conversational Chat Marketing instead takes a more genuine, interactive approach.
As a company who thrives (pun intended!) in the direct response media space, giving personal attention to clients can be helpful when guiding them along the buyer’s journey. This isn’t without help of technology, and at times intelligent chat bots. Beyond having the client feel good about their interactions with your business, it’s about getting them from point A to point B without jumping through several hoops.
Even when a client wants to do business with you, many businesses are set up with unintentional obstacles which discourages customers from clicking on the purchase button.
What is Conversational Chat Marketing?
Bigger isn’t always better. Upon first glance, blasting your contact list with a mass email can do wonders for your brand. It may get someone’s attention, but without the personalized communications, many potential clients may look elsewhere. Instead of sending out mass emails or marketing campaigns without the follow through, Conversational Marketing engages clients through two-way communications immediately. This can be done via chat through the business’s website or social media platforms.
Also considered “one-on-one” marketing, Conversational Marketing creates connections instantly with real-time conversations. It’s a slower, more thoughtful approach that yields impactful results.
How does Conversational Chat Marketing help drive sales?
This interactive approach helps gain valuable customer insights that otherwise would slip between the cracks:
- Marketing Assistant: Conversational Chat Marketing should be seen as an assist towards your other marketing efforts. This isn’t about starting over from scratch, it’s about enhancing your customer’s experience with your company by building long term relationships. Investing initial time and resources by directly interacting with your clients can gain you a customer for life and get valuable insights about the customer’s experience for future campaigns.
- Finding Alternative Solutions: When a potential customer visits your website, there’s always a chance they may not exactly fit the mold of your traditional client. However, instead of losing a new customer straight out the gate, chatting with someone directly can create a more customized approach, and open up the potential to deliver an option that works best for them.
- Prompted Chat Bots: Yes, this could mean chat bots. Chat bots help quickly navigate the client to either frequently asked questions or to speak directly to an agent who is already prompted by what the client’s needs are. Technology and human-built relationships can work hand-in-robot-hand to create a seamless customer experience.
- Builds Trust: When you have a live conversation with someone, it builds trust. Trust builds long term relationships and word-of-mouth recommendations to their loved ones.
Let’s Look at the Numbers:
- 85% of B2B companies are using live chat for sales and 66% are using it for support. 74% of B2C companies are using live chat for sales and 67% are using chat for support.
- Nearly all (95%) all customers prefer higher quality support over speed via chat. This means the conversational chat connections, though slower, can yield better results and retain long-term customers.
- Many customers prefer live chat versus other types of communication. 34% say they prefer chat because of lack of wait times, and 26.9% say it’s due to convenience.
- Industries with the highest rate of chat queries via mobile are recreation with 66% and healthcare at 42%.
This is why we love what we do. Digital Thrive routes calls and leads intuitively, creating strategies and campaigns that best fit each of our clients needs. Conversational Marketing is just one of many interactive marketing strategies that can help make a company stand out in a huge way. Contact us to learn more.